- Process for EDC, CHBE, LMRS
- Process for Rusty Hut, Hennings, etc.
Process for EDC, CHBE, LMRS
- Have your Captain and Safety Officer attend the Training for Engineering Student Leaders (July-September; mandatory) and attend the safety session and in-person space walkthrough.
- If your team captain and/or safety officer did not do the in-person walkthrough at the Training for Engineering Student Leaders, then you are required to book a walkthrough with the APSC Safety and Facilities Officer by emailing a list of times you are available to the EDT Coordinator. The walkthrough approximately takes ten minutes.
- Have all members complete the three mandatory online safety training courses on the UBC Risk and Safety Services website. It is required that all members complete the training prior to any members obtaining access. Please note that for courses that must be completed annually, you will not receive a new certificate ID.
- Engineering Design Team Safety Orientation (must be completed annually, starting in September)
- Designing for Everyone – EDI (must be completed annually, starting in September)
- WHMIS 2015 General Audience (must be reviewed annually, starting in September. New certificate not required)
- Preventing & Addressing Workplace Bullying & Harassment Training (only required to be completed once)
- Privacy and Information Security – Fundamentals Part 1 (only required to be completed once)
- Email the EDT Coordinator an excel spreadsheet (template available here) with all information listed below from your official design team email:
- Student Name (First Last)
- Student Number
- Training Status (EDTSO, EDI, other trainings must be complete)
- Rooms Requested (i.e. EDC 101)
*NOTE – Please do not edit columns in template
Spaces available for request via EDTC:
- CHBE 104 (Limited to teams that have space in CHBE 104)
- EDC 101 (Competition Team Space, Composites Room, Downdraft Table)
- EDC 102 (Competition Team Space)
- EDC 211 (Shared Workshop, design space portion is available to all members. Fabrication space portion is limited to members that have completed MECH, ELEC, PHAS, or BCIT shop training.)
- EDC 213 (Shared Electronics Workroom)
- LMRS (Limited to teams that have space in LMRS)
Access Expiry Dates
- EDC, CHBE – October 19th, 2022
- LMRS – October 19th, 2022
EDC Conference Rooms
Please note that EDC rooms on 3rd floor (301, 303, 320) may be available for limited use cases. Email EDT Coordinator for more details.
Process for MacLeod, Hennings, etc.
Please contact the respective department overseeing the space.
- MacLeod – Electrical Engineering
- Hennings – Engineering Physics and/or Physics and Astronomy