For course and team related activities, engineering students can use the services of the ECE purchasing office. They are located in MCLD 112B – on the first floor of Macleod just before entering Kaiser. Below are instructions for how to purchase with and ship to this office.
To place orders through ECE Purchasing:
- Email Kristie Henrikson at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Your name, student number, and the course/project/team that the purchase is for
- A speed chart to which the order can be charged, and contact information of anyone required to approve the order (e.g. supervisor or accountant)
- Note: Do not CC anyone on your initial email. See “note on tickets” below.
- Supplier name, part numbers, descriptions, and quantities. Be as clear and descriptive as possible (i.e. include URLs, use an Excel spreadsheet if needed).
- Estimated order price.
- Kristie will confirm receipt of the email and will send you an email notification when your order arrives.
To place your own orders and ship to ECE Purchasing:
- Email email@example.com explaining that you will be placing your own order to ship to ECE.
- Include name, purpose (which course/project/team), and a speed chart to which COD charges (tax/duty) can be billed.
- You will receive an automated email reply with 1-2 minutes with a 6-digit number (e.g. “RT #123456”).
- Place your order as usual, using the RT number you received as the name in the shipping address and in the purchase order field, if any.
- ECE uses this as an internal tracking number so that they know who the package belongs to when it arrives. You will receive an email notification when it arrives at UBC.
- Use the following shipping address:
University of British Columbia
Electrical and Computer Engineering
112B – 2356 Main Mall
Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z4
…and if ever in doubt, just go talk to Kristie in the purchasing office. She’s very helpful!
Note: The automatically generated RT number is a support ticket used to track your request. Be sure that any subsequent emails you send to purchasing regarding an order contains that order’s RT tag in the subject line “[ece.ubc.c